The neighbourhood – with approx. 2500 inhabitants – is a mixed-used development area including residential, tertiary, and educational buildings, with both new construction and renovation activities.
Key actions in the district can be summarised with by following numbers:
1) Large Scale retrofitting action in La Soledat Sud of 250 private dwellings (26 800 m2) by means of a novel Public Private Partnership mechanism. Total built area is 191 000 m2;
2) New Positive Energy Social Housing Building promoted by IBAVI: 36 apartments; 1750 m2;
3) New high efficiency Residential Multifamily Buildings. Demo project involves 2 buildings; 114 + 88 apartments 14 400 m2;
4) Energy Renovation of a flagship heritage protected building from the 70’s modern movement: 16 600 m2;
5) The creation of a Citizen Energy Community (CEC), a private crowd-funded, innovative mechanism to facilitate the deployment of renewable energy using available public and private roofs in the area.
6) The creation and dynamization of the Citilab as a space for collaborative co-creation to collectively achieve the goals of energy transition and social justice, among others.