The neighbourhood – with approx. 2500 inhabitants – is a mixed-used development area including residential, tertiary, and educational buildings. Both new construction and renovation activities are taking place.
Key actions in the district can be summarised with following numbers:
1) Large scale retrofitting action in La Soledat Sud of 250 private dwellings (26 800 m²) by means of a novel Public Private Partnership mechanism. Total floor area: 191 000 m².
2) New Positive Energy social housing building promoted by IBAVI with 36 apartments. Total floor area: 1750 m²
3) New high efficiency residential multifamily buildings. Demonstration project involves two buildings with 114 + 88 apartments. Total floor area: 14 400 m².
4) Proposal of an energy renovation of a flagship heritage protected building from the 70’s modern movement. Total floor area: 16 600 m².
5) The creation of a Citizen Energy Community (CEC), a private crowd-funded, innovative mechanism to facilitate the deployment of renewable energy using available public and private roofs in the area.
6) The creation and dynamization of the Es Laboratori, as a Living Lab for collaborative co-creation to collectively achieve the goals of energy transition and social justice, among others.